Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Something Completely Different

I gave my sister two 6x6 paintings of her oldest son Nathan for Christmas. That's Nathan there. Cute, huh?

Now, she has offered me cash money (!!) to paint her youngest, Russell. I did a color pencil portrait (it's at the bottom) of red haired Russy earlier in the year. I've been meaning to paint him in oils too... I just hadn't gotten around to it yet.

Anyway, I may regret making the announcement here, but next I will paint another Mother/Child portrait, this time with my sister and Russell.

I'm still so thrilled with oil painting. When I think of the ENDLESS hours I spent hunched over a drafting table using color pencils (AH!)-- Don't get me wrong I loved color pencils too. But nothing beats the speed and efficiency of oils.

3 comments:

  1. These are two cool paintings, especially the one in the inter-tube. Love it!

    Nathan is adorable and reminds me of my own red-headed grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie! Those paintings are terrific. I especially like the shadow side of Nathan with the inter tube. Painterly/impressionistic.

    I wish you a wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The color pencil of Russell is fantastic ... and Nathan Oh how cute he is too
    they look great Diane
    Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete

Diane Hoeptner Art Blog: Oh yay! A comment from YOU!!