Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Carmine Triangle daisy painting by Hoeptner

Carmine Triangle Oil on Board 8" x 8" SOLD
Click image to see bigger.
Sometimes a good painting feels like a fluke. ...or a lucky miracle fallen from the sky. When that happens, I always want to try it again. Change it, switch out some colors and prove it's not just lucky... (dangit?!) Doing variations on a painting takes "precious" and "happenstance" out of the equation. To see a most outstanding example of variations, check out artist Marla Baggetta's one hundred (!!) variations on a landscape, here.

7 comments:

  1. Diane,
    This is absolutely gorgeous....the rich colors and brushwork. Love it!
    Thanks for leaving comments on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with Karen. Gorgeous! All those incredibly rich colors together are simply mouth watering. No fluke here...you are soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I really love this painting. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I love the colors and the brushstrokes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry Diane...but I love your flowers so much I just HAD to send a little sunshine your way...it's on my blog today...If you are swamped...I KNOW we would all understand!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful!!! Love the vibrant colors.

    ReplyDelete

Diane Hoeptner Art Blog: Oh yay! A comment from YOU!!