Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Black Eared Bun and Fireplace Mantel Makeover

Black Eared Bun   Oil on panel, 8" x 6,"  SOLD
A quick share for those of you who took an interest my kitchen saga, the settling into new house continues... Since we moved in, we've had a non working fireplace.  I put a clunky chest and tv in front of it but was never thrilled with that arrangement... Fast forward to a couple weeks ago, I'm just minding my business running errands-- and THIS! Someone had thrown away a mantel! I called my dear husband who came and rescued it for me. Pictures below. :)
Here it is in front of previously mentioned clunky chest and TV, as found.


Ornamental embellishments removed, fresh paint applied.
More painting fun.
Voila! :) 
My husband added the fireplace insert from his Mom's old place -- It has a light bulb and
rotating tin foil wheel on back. Bonus, it crackles! When we've finished removing wallpaper
and painting the walls, the TV will go somewhere else. I'm looking
forward to accessorizing it with a mirror and pictures etc... :)


2 comments:

  1. Absolutely love the bunny...flower power!!! :D And the fireplace looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete

Diane Hoeptner Art Blog: Oh yay! A comment from YOU!!