Sunday, September 18, 2016

Lilies on Leaf Pattern and an Art Exhibit at Lakeland Community College

Lilies on Leaf Pattern  Oil on panel, 8" x 8," NFS

Local to NE Ohio?  Looking for something fun and inspiring to do this Thursday? Check out an amazing collection of fantasy art at the Dreams & Visions: Surrealism and Fantasy Art Exhibit at Lakeland Community College. The opening reception is this Thursday between 7 and 9pm. My painting "Flying Cat" will be included.  Hope to see you there!

In other news: I'm satisfied with today's painting "Lilies on Leaf Pattern."  Yellow and gray continues to be one of my very favorite color combinations.  The grays are ultramarine, sienna brown and titanium white...  which I like against the cad light yellows.

3 comments:

  1. I would love to come see you art in person if I lived closer. Liked the plumb frame in a previous post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to come see you art in person if I lived closer. Liked the plumb frame in a previous post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous painting! I love the background and the flowers, and like you, am always thrilled with your yellow/gray creations. Your handling of edges is always amazing! Your ability to always create both clarity and atmosphere in the same painting so beautifully is masterful!

    ReplyDelete

Diane Hoeptner Art Blog: Oh yay! A comment from YOU!!