Friday, July 1, 2011

Cat and Sunflowers egyptian cat limes still life

Cat and Sunflowers  Oil on wood  8" x 8" 
Diane@DianeHoeptner.com
It's hard to find cat figurines that aren't kitschy!  This one is modeled after ancient egyptian statues.  Cats were almost worshipped in those times--families took very good care of their pet cats.  As a show of grief when a cat died-- The whole family would shave off their eyebrows.  It's true I read it on the internet.  (:  Have a happy and safe Fourth of July!

1 comment:

  1. I don't know how you can paint such beautiful sunflowers. They are always gorgeous!

    Love the cat. I didn't shave my eyebrows when my 17 year old cat died, but I did cry. She was such a sweet companion and followed me where ever I went in the house. She was an Abyssinian breed, and looked a little like this egyptian cat.

    ReplyDelete

Diane Hoeptner Art Blog: Oh yay! A comment from YOU!!