Monday, September 1, 2008

Yellow Ducky

Yellow Ducky 5" x 7" Oil on Canvas Panel $95
For purchase information: diane@dianehoeptner.com
This little wood duck is part of an old pull toy. He's the only one who still has his googly eyes--which are browned and scratched from age. Yep, I'm painting the duck pull toy again. And there will be more after this one! I just realized the red wheel is a little lopsided ...and will probably go back in and touch that up later. The more I paint this old pull toy, the easier it is to achieve that sort of heavy paint/loose brushwork that I so love and aspire to do EVERY time.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Diane! I've been gone for awhile and am really enjoying your recent posts! The sunflowers are lovely,and your duck paintings are pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robin, so good to hear from you! Thank you. I've been jones-ing to see new work from you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane,
    After seeing your duck painting, I wish my brush strokes were looser. Also, nice composition.

    ReplyDelete

Diane Hoeptner Art Blog: Oh yay! A comment from YOU!!