Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Another Pinocchio Head, Brady Bunch Style

Pinocchio III 6" x 6" Oil on Canvas Panel, Purchase Information SOLD

The more I paint, the more ways I discover to mess up a painting. Heheh. And it's interesting, because sometimes the things that will mess a painting up-- are the exact same things that will make it really GOOD. Things I did that may or may not have messed this painting up: Not using more than 3 hours to do it, using only olive green in the underpainting, pushing the shiny high-lites a little harder and restraining myself from over-blending. Actually, I'm not entirely unhappy with it, I guess I'm just realizing how much there is yet to learn.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Diane!

    Thanks for contacting me and for your kind comments!....I would be honored to exchange links with you...Your painting style is very accomplished for just starting out! I will look forward to seeing your progress..Love the Pinocchio series! Really, very good work!

    I am originally from Cleveland as well , Mayfield Village!

    Cheers, Robin

    ReplyDelete

Diane Hoeptner Art Blog: Oh yay! A comment from YOU!!