Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Cat Art Show LA 3: The Sequel Returns Pictures!




I attended the opening reception for Cat Art Show 3 in Los Angeles last week.  Much fun was had... 
The show is at Think Tank Gallery in downtown LA and runs through June 24th. 
Hamming it up with my painting "Butterfly Passerby"


$1 of every ticket purchase as well as 5% of all art sales will benefit cat charities.  
I am honored to have work included again this year (third time!) Also thrilled to report all four of my paintings sold in the first two days.

Kyoto Kitty
by Lucia Heffernan

What a pleasure to meet so many artists. Here I am accosting Lucia Heffernan as soon as she walked in.  :)  I've been a fan of her art for a while now.  Lucia is as delightful as her imaginative paintings. See more of her animal paintings, here.  

Many attendees wore fun cat themed clothes and accessories. Artist Rachel Schlueter took some fantastic people pics, you can see those (as well as her wonderful cat paintings) on her Instagram feed: here.
Gorgeous! "Otis"
by Rachel Schlueter

Cat Art Show creator/curator Susan Michals hosts CatCon as well. Between the two events, $143,000 has been raised for animal charities.

(Above) Admiring "Apollo and Garfield" by artist, photographer Tiffany Sage.  Also pictured, fellow exhibitor painter Matthew Bober.  I love that Tiffany wore the same robe (as in the painting) to the exhibit. Her Instagram feed is here.
Paintings by Martin Wittfooth, Marion Peck and Rose Freymuth-Frazier


Maybe my favorite painting at Cat Art Show (if I HAD to pick!) "White Kitten Study #1" by Korin Faught. See more of Korin's work on her website: here.  

Rachel Schlueter, Joann Biondi and myself
(with Lorenzo the Cat in photo by Joann titled "Backstage")

There's still time to see the exhibit.  A closing night party will happen Saturday June 23rd. Cat Art Show will partner with Kitten Rescue LA for a "Kitty Cuddle Party!" There will be kittens! Cuddle with a kitten and have your picture taken in a photo booth.  So fun. Here's the Cat Art Show 3 link for show info.
I'm glad to be back home and eager to paint more!
My four paintings: I am very grateful for the sales! :)
Hope to post new paintings soon!

5 comments:

  1. Omgosh....congratulations Diane!!! VERY well deserved!! It was a wonderful and fun show...the people watching was great!! I so loved the white kitties painting too!! And that is FANTASTIC about the amount of money raised for the cat rescue!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the show, especially your wonderful paintings. I was hoping to get to opening night to meet you and the other artists but I couldn’t make it. Another favorite artist of mine is Lucia Heffernan. I, too, am completely obsessed with her work. I hope this will show will continue to be an annual event.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a fun time was had by all and I’m sure you had the most impressive work there. Congratulations on the sales!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, congrats on your sales!

    ReplyDelete

Diane Hoeptner Art Blog: Oh yay! A comment from YOU!!