Sunday, September 3, 2017

The Book of the Cat, Angus Hyland, Caroline Roberts

Today, something very exciting: I am pleased to share with you "The Book of the Cat!" 

Angus Hyland and Caroline Roberts have created an exquisite little compendium of cat art accompanied by thoughtfully written vignettes and cat quotes. What a delight to have my art (several paintings including a couple of the Coco!) included. 

You can't tell from the photo, but the heavy cardstock cover features a lovely linen texture... The book is beautifully crafted.
"Brooding Coco" on page 131!

(Above) "Cat Study" (detail) Edward Hopper sketches, 1941 and "Jilt" by Owen Smith, 2012. Also, Lucien Freud's "Girl with Kitten," 1947. (Didn't know he ever painted a cat!?)

My painting "White Cat," The quote reads:
"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as Gods. Cats have never forgotten this." (Anonymous)  :)



Love these watercolor ink paintings by Endre Penovac titled "Tranquility," 2015 and "Excited," 2014.
Me thinks nearly the perfect gift for the cat person in your life. Use the discount code DIANE to receive a 25% discount on the Laurence King website!  Also available on Amazon here.  

Husband and I are still moteling it here.  We expect to move into new place by the end of the month if not sooner!

9 comments:

  1. That's some pretty important company you are keeping in that book. Congrats, Diane!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Diane! Well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Impressive but not surprising, Diane. Congratulations! I've missed your gifts in my mailbox. During this transition to your new home I hope all is fabulously well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Billie, I know right?! Whodathunk?? Thank you. Thank you Laura! Marilyn, thank you so much. I'll be back in my (new!) studio as soon as the dust from the move settles. Can't WAIT. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, congratulations! Are you the new Catwoman? That is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's soo awesome about the book...and I love the quote next to your beautiful painting...ha!!! So true!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The book looks wonderful! What terrific company you are keeping. Congratulations! I hope your house is ready soon.
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete

Diane Hoeptner Art Blog: Oh yay! A comment from YOU!!