Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Parakeet and Daffodils

Parakeet and Daffodils  Oil on panel, 8" x 8,"  SOLD
You've seen these Trader Joe daffodils at least a half dozen times... (Click here to see more daffodil paintings.)  I'm still applying saturated colors first.  I liked the way the colors in the Daffodils were repeated in the Parakeet.  A color that is easily skewed while painting from dark to light is yellow...  So I put down a lot of yellows first on both the flowers and bird.  Still enjoying this new approach.

2 comments:

  1. Love the muted tones of this Diane. I love it, I'm just seldom able to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even tho I am not a painter, I love to hear your artistic approach...wonderful painting!!!

    ReplyDelete

Diane Hoeptner Art Blog: Oh yay! A comment from YOU!!