Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Blue Coco and I will juror a show on CFAI.co

Blue Coco  Oil on wood, 8" x 8," SOLD
From the latest issue of "Where Art Lives"
Exciting news!  I've been asked to be the guest juror in the June 2015 artist showdown at Contemporary Fine Art International. Having been on the receiving end of the jury process many times, I've often wondered what it would be like to judge a show.  I imagine one wants to reward entries that capture the theme (in this case animal art) and those that do it in a novel way-- Paintings that demonstrate good composition, color, values and effortless (looking) brushwork would get extra points... If you are an artist who relishes the challenge of painting animals, please enter! But don't tell me, I don't want to be biased. That would be very bad. :)  I will post about this again soon with a link to enter.  

"Blue Coco," another melancholy painting of my favorite cat. You'd think all he does is mope but it's not so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Diane Hoeptner Art Blog: Oh yay! A comment from YOU!!