Thursday, April 28, 2011

Home Again oil painting tulip still life

Home Again  Oil on wood  8" x 8" NFS
Every once in a while you paint something that reminds you why you started painting in the first place.   This painting reminded me!!  So many variables can go wrong-- but sometimes fruit, flowers and fabric have a way of "falling into place" during the creative process.  It becomes clear that everything has a home and there's a home for everything.  Happy, happy.  More red tulips, then hydrangeas coming soon.

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Just so you know- I have serious tulip envy- these are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!
    Really nice variety of edges. And the coming-forwardness of the reclining tulip is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tulips are my favorite flower! I love how the colors work together, and the smooth slick surface of the pottery looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent painting! I love the rich colors, especially in the flower hanging over the edge of the table.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see everything about this painting works! Wonderful, I love the colors you chose, your composition, everything! Spectacular.
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is so much going on here and yet you totally pulled it off! Love the stripes - a gorgeous piece!

    ReplyDelete

Diane Hoeptner Art Blog: Oh yay! A comment from YOU!!