Monday, March 14, 2011

March Melody before and after

March Melody before and after, original post has been updated.  SOLD
Still tweaking.  Photos of this painting were taken in different light conditions, so it's hard to identify what the tweaks are.  Only two items were changed:  I made the flower leaves less blue and gave them more details... and I made the back flower (the third) a bit brighter.  I wasn't happy with the silhouette of the flowers and popping the back one forward helped.  I am still quite thrilled with this painting and I'd like to get back to doing more of the Arts & Crafts inspired still lifes eventually. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to explain exactly what you did to tweak it. It helps me develop my 'still learning' eye. This is one of my favs!!


Diane Hoeptner Art Blog: Oh yay! A comment from YOU!!