Saturday, November 7, 2009

Pancakes are Good.

I'm told by Linda Goik of the Local Girl Gallery that a certain pancake house on the Eastside of Cleveland is a sleeper hotspot for art sales. Hey, stranger things have happened! She will be installing fifteen of my recent paintings there this weekend and I'm totally psyched! "Framing" the larger paintings on paper turned out to be easier than I had expected... I sandwiched them between custom cut plexi and foam board, using Moore brand "gallery clips" and string on back. This is a great way to display lightweight larger works-- and allows for easy dis-assembly and custom framing later if desired. nodp

6 comments:

  1. I gave you an award today on my blog!
    Your work has inspired me a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, they look amazing. Thanks for sharing how you did this!
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. What kind of paper are you using? Your flowers are great--Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diane,

    Saw this quote by Claude Monet and thought of you, "I perhaps owe having become a painter to flowers."

    xox,
    Loren

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is SO SO great !
    People on a sugar high buy art ?
    i don't know , who cares >>> I'm happy for you !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, girl! Your work is so inspiring! I am so thrilled for you. You do such brave explorations of each flower. It's like a meditation to view, must be like one to paint. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Diane Hoeptner Art Blog: Oh yay! A comment from YOU!!