Thursday, October 8, 2009

Carmine Daisy & Daffodil Oil Painting


top: oil on paper, 22x22 reserved
I discovered a new color today: Holbein's "Luminous Red." I needed a pinkish hue with more opacity than magenta, it was perfect. Top painting needed some extra light yellow added to the daffodil at the last moment, thus you see a fresh pce. of palette paper with just those colors... Below that, a detail of Wild Ones a painting I posted earlier in the week. Still showing glare, as it is still drying, doh!

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo... new color to try...Luminous Red looks luscious!

    One day I'm going to own a Diane Hoeptner and it has to be a Ranuncula painting. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was very interesting for me to read that article. Thanks for it. I like such topics and anything that is connected to them. I would like to read a bit more on that blog soon.

    Avril Kuree

    ReplyDelete

Diane Hoeptner Art Blog: Oh yay! A comment from YOU!!