Friday, June 5, 2009

Magnolia Branch with Buds to Spare

Buds to Spare I 12"x 12" Oil on Stretched Canvas NFS
Click image to see bigger.
diane@dianehoeptner.com
This is a practice painting for a series of two... I love the design-ee feeling of it and especially the spring green. The pattern on bottom needs some tweaking and I will try to work that out when I do the companion piece. The reference photo for this painting was taken by my husband during a visit to the Botanical Gardens in Cleveland.

4 comments:

  1. Love the pattern played against the magnolia and the green rectangle. Very cool, Diane!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet, I like the abstract quality of the branch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious. I really don't know how else to describe it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is just beautiful. How you have captured the magnolia so elegantly. And I love the patterns in the background. I have enjoyed looking at your artwork. Regards, Maia

    ReplyDelete

Diane Hoeptner Art Blog: Oh yay! A comment from YOU!!