Friday, May 8, 2009

Yellow Tulips


If you left a comment on my last post, thank you! When I find that I've lucked into a good composition or arrangement, I tend to repeat repeatedly. (: Here's the pretty tulips again, I swear I'm not sick of painting these yet and I still want to try even more color combinations. They are pale yellow ochre with a bright white/lemon background. Each measures 22" x 22" and they are oil on paper. Both are reserved. Hey! It's Friday night, time for a little cocktail.
Add Image

6 comments:

  1. Wow... Gorgeous! Yes! Stick with a good thing while the goings good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just stopped by to look at your tulip paintings again, Diane, they are AMAZING!!!
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your tulips! I'm from Ottawa, Canada, and every spring we have a tulip festival. It's so beautiful! Your flowers remind me of the time I lived there as a young girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for your nice comment! Your stuff is beautiful! (Imogen, my five year loved the red outline).
    You now have a big fan in Edmonton, Alberta!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you've used bold red brushstrokes to do your underpainting or drawing. They sort of highlight these beautiful flowers... WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete

Diane Hoeptner Art Blog: Oh yay! A comment from YOU!!