Monday, March 30, 2009

A Good Composition Never Dies Iris Painting

Ball Jar with Irises 12"x 12" Oil on Gallery Wrapped Canvas N/A
Click image to see bigger.
This painting and the two below it will be placed in an upscale boutique...more information when it actually happens. Paint must dry, frames must be acquired! Painting is always fun, but it's more fun when you know the painting will go into the real world and be seen by real people, live. (Yeah, I know I don't get out enough, whatever. :) The internet is wonderful and I'm very fortunate to live in an age where my paintings can and do sell online. However, brushwork/texture, scale and many intangible qualities original art has to offer are best experienced in life.

3 comments:

  1. I like your use of the red underpainting on this. It's one of my favorite things to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great post and a beautiful painting! I like the size of this one, 12"x12", I wish I could see it in person. It's be fabulous with a frame!
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh that's beautiful! I love the way the colors in the jar work with the colors in the flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Diane Hoeptner Art Blog: Oh yay! A comment from YOU!!