Saturday, November 29, 2008

Spiral Balance

Spiral Balance 10" x 8" Oil on Canvas Panel $220.
If interested, please email: diane@dianehoeptner.com
When I laid down to sleep last night, I was unhappy with this painting, but upon awakening, it's didn't seem quite so offensive. I like the yellow reflections on the top of the vase... LOVE the vase, which is hand made and not actually water tight. I know I can paint it better and will soon.
The Pop Shop Gallery will host a reception for it's 4th Annual True Value Vintage show in Lakewood, Ohio tonight! I have several toy paintings in this show and look forward to attending. If you are in the area, please stop by!

3 comments:

  1. It is always amazing to me when I find a painting has healed itself in my absence. Actually, I find this to be absolutely charming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! That must be what happened. (: Thank you for the comment, Carol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have experienced the same phenomena. Though it usually works the other direction. I'm really pleased with it when I finish and come back later thinking "What did I like about this?" I chalk that up to my high level of self criticism. But I'm sure if I had done this one, I would be pleased and stay pleased. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Diane Hoeptner Art Blog: Oh yay! A comment from YOU!!