Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Carmine Bloom






Carmine Bloom (above) SOLD
8" x 8"
Oil on Canvas Panel $175
If interested, please email: diane@dianehoeptner.com

I still recall colors by what they were when I was using Prismacolor pencils. The canvas for the painting above was toned with cadmium red light, but in my addled brain it's called carmine. I suspect I WON'T retain the (once near and dear) 132 Prismacolor names much longer...there's only limited space in there, heheh.

I'm including another similar palette painting from AGES ago, it's watercolor and color pencil approx. 8x16 on Arches paper. It's still one of my favorites.

6 comments:

  1. These are really lovely. You've been busy!
    Pinocchio was the first movie I ever saw when I moved here from Mexico, I didn't understand a word of it but loved the visuals and the story. Well done!
    Can't wait to see the Brady Bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like everything about this oil painting -- the petals, the way the stem is shown through the glass, the wonderful rendering of the glass, and the show-through color on the canvas. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane,
    I love the colors and composition in this piece...lovely painting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree... beautiful... colourful... amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovin the flowers Diane! Great color on this one and you nailed the ellipses on the bottle. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The flower has a crisp realness. Both it and the bottle advance wonderfully from the background.
    The watercolor is serene and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Diane Hoeptner Art Blog: Oh yay! A comment from YOU!!