Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Barn Cat and petting goats at Farmpark

Barn Cat   Oil on wood, 8" x 8," NFS
...just taking a sleepy ride through the country on the back of a grandfatherly sheep. 
"Barn Cat" is another in my "Beast of Burden" paintings.  I keep coming back to these...  Painting the animals so they look companionable (1) and (2) placing them in a convincing and complimentary landscape is a mighty challenge! Also pictured, handsome husband who accompanied me on a shoot at Farmpark in Kirtland, OH. 

2 comments:

  1. One of my favorites in this series!!! Love the position of the cat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the principal subjects and I'm a big fan of your landscapes. The goat looks like she's posing with your cute husband!

    ReplyDelete

Diane Hoeptner Art Blog: Oh yay! A comment from YOU!!