Sunday, December 2, 2018

Spotted Bunny III and Richeson75 icky brew

Spotted Bunny III  Oil on panel, 8" x 6," SOLD
I feel like some of these little hopping creatures are like aliens from outer space, especially this one. :) 
An update: "Napping Kittens" did not win any awards in the Richeson75 competition. I know I should rejoice in the fact that my painting was a finalist and I do... Also, I thought the judging was fair. Before I saw my competitors paintings, I thought I might win something.  After I saw them (here) I suspected I had about a snowball's chance in hell.  It's an icky brew of envy, wonder and self doubt that creeps in when one sees what other artists are accomplishing! I am competitive. Most of the time though it's all about me, myself and I. I want to do better than I did last time... There is an upside: The painting will be included a hard cover exhibition book.  Surely new eyes will find my work as a result. That's a good upside. It's all good. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. 

10 comments:

  1. Bummer, but I totally agree with you on it's all about you and it's about me getting better every time I pick up a brush. Just don't drink too much of that brew.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Thank you for commenting, Sharon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your rabbit paintings are just blowing me away...I love them all!! And I can SO relate to your icky brew...I think it's just natural, luckily we eventually allow it to make us grow as artists, not just in our work but mentally as well, so one day it won't bother us in the least, right???!! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kathryn! Your encouragement is appreciated. also, yeah, no, that day aint never comin'. :)

      Delete
  4. Well you are being honest! lol. Animal painting is the toughest field, I think because the era's finest realists seem to be drawn to it. You are indeed in good company to be included. I've looked at your works for years and you are improving all the time imo. That is remarkable

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you upped your game with this bunny. As for the other art in the show, with that competition, I think it's great praise to be chosen to be included. Every single piece on that show made me go "WOW!" Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know the show is AMAZing! I had the same reaction ("wow" one after the other...) Thank you, Wendy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Diane, there is always some of us far beneath you who look up longingly to where you are: a full-time artist, published in books, seen in exhibitions, and many other fabulous accomplishments. I would think I have outdone myself if only I could cover my massive art supply costs with sales. That would be a phenomenal accomplishment in my mind (& for my bank account!). So yes, look at others, but never forget you are uniquely You & many of us out here look up to you and what you have & continue to accomplish in awe & admiration. There will be another competition, and many more wins for you ahead, my dear! Xoxo-Loren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loren, you never cease to encourage and support and I am grateful to you for that!- Your perspective is appreciated. Thank you for commenting.

      Delete

Diane Hoeptner Art Blog: Oh yay! A comment from YOU!!