Wednesday, February 28, 2018

Untitled, experiments in painting

Untitled, Oil on wood, 12" x 12" NFS

When I photographed my (step) daughter in law last May, I had her pose holding a string, thinkin' to paint a cat in later...  I used a stuffed animal as stand-in for cat, which helped for size and light reference. I never did use any of the string photos, though I did paint her a few times. (See those here.)
A recent photo expedition to the shelter provided the perfect kitteh.  (See to the right) I removed kitty's tail in the painting-- though now I see the tail might have been better curled a little looser to the side.  Maybe tweak this one some more and try another in full color! 



2 comments:

  1. I looked at the series and I think they are your most successful human portraits. Really good!

    ReplyDelete

Diane Hoeptner Art Blog: Oh yay! A comment from YOU!!