Monday, July 4, 2016

Siamese on Pattern and Happy July 4th!

Siamese on Pattern  Oil on panel, 8" x 8,"  NFS
I take thousands of cat photos every year.  Always on the look out for inspiration:  Cat photos that enable great paintings aren't easy or plentiful...and the more cats I paint the more picky I get. 


Patriot, NFS
When a collector offered to send kitty pics, I didn't have high hopes. But the photos she sent documenting shelter cats in her care were spectacular.  "Siamese on Pattern" is the first painting from her photos and I may be (gleefully) occupied with them for a bit longer. Heartfelt thanks, Gloria Walters.


Also Happy July 4th!  (a new character cat) I'm saving "Patriot" for the open studios event at Gallery +/78th ST Studios during the RNC.

3 comments:

  1. I never get tired of your kitties, Diane. I too am always on the lookout for good reference photos of cats. It sounds like you scored big time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both 'Siamese on Pattern' and 'Patriot' are so striking. love your work. Next time I fly back to my folks, I need to find your gallery - need to see your exceptional paintings in person.
    Hope you had a fabulous Independence Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you, finding great reference photos aren't easy...I usually have to take at least 50 to get one good one!! Your Siamese painting is spectacular!!

    ReplyDelete

Diane Hoeptner Art Blog: Oh yay! A comment from YOU!!