Thursday, October 1, 2015

Coco in Profile, every house needs a cat

Coco in Profile  Oil on wood, 8" x 8,"  SOLD
Coco is 15+ years old. You can feel his bones through his fur, as his muscles have become more lax.  He was never very vocal until our other cat passed away a few years ago. Now, he squawks, he chirps and his meows range from croons to peeps.  He's still a timid cat, though ever curious. If I haven't already done so, I recommend having a cat in the house at all times, they're good company.

6 comments:

  1. Every house needs a cat...and every cat should have a house! Or at least a home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how the colors of your backgrounds are in the highlights of the cats you paint...another amazing piece!! And I could not agree more fully with you, cats are excellent companions!!! That's why I have a few!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coco looks like a kitten....a beautiful portrait Diane!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely! I can't imagine painting without a FSC--feline studio companion. What a handsome boy--I can see why he inspires you to paint so many beautiful paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another BEAUTIFUL portrait! I love your stories about your cats--your reverence shows in your paintings. Our home has never been without a cat or two or three, LOL, ferals (tamed) in recent years. And I really love meeting other people and artists who bond immensely with felines! We're working in Stockton Ca to reduce homeless/abandoned pet populations. It is traumatic, but the success stories keep us going. Your paintings convey the bond even with owner absent from the image! Astounding!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful portrait! 15 + years! That's great. I'm sorry for the loss of your alpha girl, but glad Coco has had a chance to find his voice.

    ReplyDelete

Diane Hoeptner Art Blog: Oh yay! A comment from YOU!!