Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Cadmium Gerbers Daisy Oil Painting

Cadmium Gerbers 8"x 8" Oil on MDF Board $175.
Click image to see bigger.
The first time I painted these Gerber daisies was here (back in November of last year.) That painting is still one of my all time favorites and this one simply re-visits, this time a bit bigger. One of the things that makes this painting work is the contrast betweens super saturated daisies against all the warm neutrals!! Paint colors suggested below will coordinate brilliantly with the "warm clay beige" background of this painting!
Dutch Boy Cozy Neutral W017, Dutch Boy Shingle Tan N004

5 comments:

  1. Hi Diane,
    I love this, but I have to say I think the one you posted yesterday (the royal pinks) is one of my favorites of yours!!! Your color sense is so intuitive, you take chances that I never would and they work so well. Can't wait to see what's next.
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Gerbers are my favorite after your beautiful reneculas. I see a much more surer brush stroke with these than your first one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These daisies are terrific!!!... I've been trying to work myself up to do some flowers... and I keep chickening out...
    You may just have inspired me.
    REALLY nicely done, Diane!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! I love what you did with the edges and the under painting. Beauty!!
    I did revisit your previous version and I think you've taken it to the next level.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yet another gorgeous painting! Love the light hitting the petals and the way you leave a bit of background outline around your subject.

    ReplyDelete

Diane Hoeptner Art Blog: Oh yay! A comment from YOU!!